Undergraduate Women in Economics
UWE Mission Statement
- Purpose: To increase the number of and elevate underrepresented groups in economics. To advise and learn from our fellow members. To promote education and research in economic fields. To celebrate each other's contributions and successes in the field.
- Goals: Foster Community, Professional Development, Inclusivity, Empowerment
- UWE Core Values: Passion, Integrity, Knowledge
Dates and Times of Meetings
- Thursday, September 14th, 6-7 PM
- Thursday, September 28th, 6-7 PM
- Thursday, October 5th, Time TBD
- (St. Louis Federal Reserve Bank Economy Museum Tour)
- Thursday, October 12th, 6-7 PM
- Thursday, October 26th, 6-7 PM
- Thursday, November 9th, 6-7 PM
- Thursday, December 7th, 6-7 PM
Location of meetings will be announced at a later date.
Application for Membership
- For the Fall 2023 New Member Application please fill out the following google form: https://forms.gle/oQkwNmPKvkDFc23v6
- Application opens on September 4th and closes on September 8th at 5PM.
Highlight of Past Events
- St. Louis Fed Women in Economics Symposium
- Visit to St Louis and Kansas City Federal Reserve
- Guest Speaker Dr. Kathleen Vohs: Sexual Economics
- Guest Speaker Dr. Garth Huetel: How Economists think about the Environment
- Book Club with Stacey Vanek Smith: Machiavelli for Women
- Money in Politics Town Hall with Dr. Jeffrey Milyo and Dr. Jonathon Krieckhaus
- Guest Speaker Dr. Gerald Friedman: Heterodox Approaches to Economics & Marxian Insights
Core Team Members for Spring Semester 2023
Fall 2023 New Member Application Form: https://forms.gle/oQkwNmPKvkDFc23v6
Send an email to note interest, you will then be added to a Canvas group where meeting information is regularly distributed.
LinkedIn: Undergraduate Women in Economics - UWE Mizzou
Dr. Alyssa Carlson
Faculty advisor of UWE